WHO WE ARE
The Australian British Chamber of Commerce, founded in 1910, is the leading independent organisation in Australia promoting, fostering and furthering trade and investment between Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our programme of events, public policy contributions and network of decision-makers provides our Members opportunities to further their business interests by connecting, engaging and influencing leaders and key decision-makers in both private and public sectors.
HOW WE DO IT
• Introductions to key influencers and decision makers
• Platform for introductions to our extensive membership and business community
• Policy dialogues on an array of sectoral interests, including the upcoming Australia-UK Free Trade Negotiations
• Industry expert seminars and thought leadership
• Programme of bilateral delegations to the United Kingdom and Australia
THE AUSTRALIA-UK RELATIONSHIP
The relationship between Australia and the UK is significant. We share both history and culture; government, legal and financial institutions; language and sporting ties. We have shared security interests and a significant bilateral trade and investment history.
Bilateral trade stands at more than $29.1 billion, Australia’s fifth largest trading relationship. The United Kingdom is the second largest source of foreign investment in Australia, valued at $515.5 billion. The total Australian investment in the United Kingdom was $350.5 billion the second most important foreign investment destination.*
This relationship forms the basis of the Chamber’s business model.
We invite you to join our group of over 21,000 connections, at over 140 events nationally with over 6,500 attendees annually and our programme of bilateral delegations.
*These figures are valid at 2017