New Year IT Resolutions
Christmas and the New Year is a good time to start thinking about resolutions for 2019. Here are a few areas to consider.
Data Privacy & Security
Now is a good time to review my privacy & data security risks and obligations.
- All of my office will update their passwords
TIP: Good complexity for a password:
- 8 characters minimum
- A combination of high and low case
- At least one number & one symbol
- I will conduct an information security audit (fix any issues)
- I will create a data breach response team to protect my data and my brand
- Develop a data breach response plan
- Test my plan
- I will update my internal cyber security policies and book time to train my staff
- I will review key contracts with third party service providers
Productivity & Teamwork
- I will review how Digital Collaboration can help my staff perform as a team more often
- I will create a remote working policy
- do I want my people out or the office and with my clients?
- a more flexible working environment can help retain employees
- I will review speed & performance of my environment
- Do I need more resources to my Cloud to boost speed & performance?
- Are my PCs/Laptop/Servers running poorly or out of warranty?
- I will keep my PC / Server patches up to date
- I will check my data is backed up
- I will establish a disaster recovery plan
- I will arrange a test recovery of my data.
I can call Chill IT if I have questions about the IT effectiveness or data security of my business.
( 1300 796 246 *firstname.lastname@example.org