Invitations to B20 Australian Summit
The July B20 Australia Summit in Sydney is fast approaching. The Summit will be held over three days from 16-18 July 2014 and will bring together approximately 500 business leaders from around the world. It will be a major policy forum and a valuable networking event.
If you’re interested in attending the Summit, or just want to learn more about the B20, please register here.
Delegates to the Summit will have the opportunity to discuss, finalise and prioritise a set of policy recommendations to G20 leaders and explore regional investment opportunities. The Summit will be a major policy forum and a valuable networking event.
As this year's G20 host, the Australian Government has committed to deliver a practical program to promote stronger economic growth and employment outcomes and make the global economy more resilient to deal with future shocks. Delivering this agenda will be important if the G20 is to achieve its commitment to increase collective GDP by two per cent above trend over the next five years. The B20 is playing an important role in this process and is developing a set of recommendations to support G20 members drive global economic and jobs growth.
The initial list of speakers for the B20 Australia Summit includes:
• The Hon Tony Abbott MP, Prime Minister of Australia
• The Hon Joe Hockey MP, Treasurer of Australia
• The Hon Andrew Robb MP, Minister for Trade and Investment, Australian Government
• Roberto Azevedo, Director-General, World Trade Organisation
• Megan Clark, CEO, CSIRO
• Andrew Mackenzie, CEO, BHP Billiton Ltd
• Rupert Murdoch, Executive Chairman, News Corp, Chairman and CEO, 21st Century Fox
• John Rice, CEO, GE Global Growth and Operations
• Steve Sargent, CEO, GE Australia and New Zealand
• Michael Smith, CEO, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd
• David Thodey, CEO, Telstra Corporation Ltd
• Sam Walsh, CEO, Rio Tinto Group
More speakers will be confirmed in the coming weeks.