Faster Entry to the UK - Registered Traveller Open to New Members
Registered Traveller the faster way to enter the UK is now open to new members.
Registered Traveller has been launched by Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK.
Nationals of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan or the USA who hold any of the following immigration status may be eligible:
- Tier 1 (all categories)
- Tier 2 (all categories)
- Tier 5 (all categories excluding Creative/Sporting)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- UK ancestry
- Naturalised British citizen
- Right of Abode
Travellers who have visited the UK four or more times in the previous 52 weeks in one of the following categories may also be eligible:
- business visitor
- sports visitor
Registered Traveller members benefit from:
- The choice at passport control of using the ePassport gates (where available and if they have a biometric passport), the UK/EU queue or Fast Track (if they hold a ticket) at Heathrow, Registered Traveller Lanes at Gatwick and EU/UK queue at Paris, Brussels and Lille. The number of ePassport gates available are to be increased at key airports over the next 12 months.
- Not having to complete landing cards or undergo an interview on arrival.
Registered Traveller is currently available at:
- Heathrow, Gatwick, London City, Stansted, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and the Eurostar terminals in Paris, Brussels and Lille. Further airports will be added throughout 2015 so please go to our information page for a list of all Registered Traveller ports.
The application fee for new applicants is £70. This will include a £20 (non-refundable) application and registration fee and £50 annual membership fee (which will be refundable if the application isn’t successful).
If you are interested in finding out more or if you think Registered Traveller could benefit your organisation, please contact us at RTInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk